Welcome to Thailand Starter Kit Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

To read our articles about living in Thailand, please visit our main site at ThailandStarterKit.com.


About Marriage visa.

0 votes

Hi im marred to thai women. And got O visa non immigrant. I enter Thailand and after 3 month i leave the country without knowing that i can apply in Thailand for extension. Now i apply again in my country and they ask me to show bank statement of 1 year THB 40000 per month.
Which i dont have :( .
Is it okay to give my wife statement ?
Can i go to see my wife for a month ?
So complicated please advice me .

asked Mar 25 in Visas
by Himalaya Insight Lad (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes


You should be able to get a non-immigrant type-O visa, good for one year, from the Thai embassy in your home country. You don't need to show money, but you'll have to leave Thailand every 90 days (a quick, same day border cross will do).

If you want to change your visa in Thailand, then you need to show 400,000 baht in the bank, or 40,000 baht per month income going into your bank account.

You can't use your wife's bank account either way. It must be in your name.



answered Mar 28
by John (1,620 points)