Welcome to Thailand Starter Kit Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

To read our articles about living in Thailand, please visit our main site at ThailandStarterKit.com.


Non-Immigrant B Visa Question

0 votes

Hello, I am here working on a non-immigrant b visa which expires on 31 March 2018. I recently came back into the country on 16 March 2018 and I keep up with my 90-day check-ins, in which I need to check-in again on 21 May 2018. Do I have to leave the country by 31 March 2018? I have a ticket out on 2nd April 2018 in which I will not be coming back until Songkran then I will come in on a tourist visa and leave again (for good) on 17 April 2018. Do I need to leave the country before the 31st March 2018 and come back in on a tourist visa? Or can I go and apply for a 7-day visa extension at my local immigration office? I am confused if I am violating the law or no because my work visa ends on the 31st but I came back in on the 16th and my 90-day check-in is good until May? Thank you.

asked Mar 23 in Visas
by erialc32 (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes


First, your 90-day check in and your visa have nothing to do with each other. I know it doesn't make much sense. That's just the way it is. So don't worry about that part.

From what I understand about your question, I'd say you should be okay leaving on April 2nd. You might have to pay 500 baht per day for overstaying your visa. But it's still cheaper than paying for a visa extension (which, to be honest, I'm not sure you could do with your current visa).



answered Mar 28
by John (1,620 points)
Hi John! Thank you so much! I did talk to my local immigration office and I am able to extend the visa, the main reason I'm considering extending is because I'm worried about entering the country in the future. Although I have been told not to worry about it and as long as I pay it won't be a problem. Thank you so much again!