Welcome to Thailand Starter Kit Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

To read our articles about living in Thailand, please visit our main site at ThailandStarterKit.com.


Buying a car procedure in Pai?

+1 vote

Im gonna buy one ole car with changed engine. I live in Pai, Hae Hong Son, and the nearest Land transportation is in Chiang Mai. The owner is not very good in paper work, and the car price is only 30 000THB. Now you tell, that I must have a copy of hid ID-car, copy of house registration, blue book and the transfer of ownership. Then you advice to go to some official. What is that official? Do you think that I can find it in Pai? or do I need to go to Mae Hong Son for this procedure. So with what official I deal with the car transfer process? The owner has not been paid the annual tax, so where I can pay that? Thank you. Alex.

asked Dec 14, 2017 in Transportation
by website-user (7,010 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

The official in this place means Department of Land Transport. And there's a branch in Mae Hong Son as well (https://www.dlt.go.th/site/maehongson/). And everything related to transferring a car can be done through them including paying an unpaid annual tax.

answered Dec 14, 2017
by website-answer (38,870 points)
selected Dec 14, 2017 by website-user