Welcome to Thailand Starter Kit Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

To read our articles about living in Thailand, please visit our main site at ThailandStarterKit.com.


Applying retirement visa from Dubai

+1 vote

I'm 49 (Canadian), wife is six months younger (also Canadian), and we currently live in and work in Dubai.

We have purchased a house in Thailand and have Thai bank accounts.

Upon turning 50 next year, I'd like to apply for my Thai retirement visa from either Dubai or Thailand, however my Canadian wife will likely be in Thailand on another form of via before she turns 50.

Any suggestions for the easiest way to do this? Using some sort of visa company is a reasonable suggestion if it simplifies the process.

I'd prefer to not have to take a detour through Canada if I don't need to

asked Dec 16, 2017 in Visas
by website-user (7,010 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

This process actually possible in technical way. (as it has been specified in Immigration Regulation) but for practical way we need to be qualified by submitting the documents to the officer. (as the approval still must come from the officer) As far as I know last year, it is not impossible to get Non-O in Thailand by changing Tourist Visa.

However, it seems like this is an interested issue. I will get confirmation with the officer again for this matter.

May I ask that Thai Bank accounts that you've got are under your name or your wife name or both?

answered Dec 16, 2017
by website-answer (38,870 points)
selected Dec 16, 2017 by website-user